Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Three Tips on how to be earlier in the Office

This morning, almost everyone was late.  Most of the shuttle buses were caught in the middle of traffic.  It was unexpected but expectedly, everyone in the shuttle services was late including me.

So how can you get yourself on time in the office?  How should you prepare?  What do you need to do?  After reflecting in the shuttle bus for about two hours (usually it would take the shuttle bus 45 minutes to take everyone in the office), here are some tips on how to be earlier in the office.

Tip 1:  Have a good rest the night before

Having a good rest is one of the factors for you to wake up earlier.  It also will keep you refreshed and ready for battle in your job.  I have tried a stress experiment before.  I kept myself awake until dawn and I had about 2-3 hours of sleep in five succeeding days.  I went to the office tired and stressed.  The result?  I was moody, I was weak, I was disoriented, I was sleepy most of the time, I lacked focus, and I got my boss’s attention.  You can call me crazy, but I did it to tell myself that sleeping in under 6 hours is not good.
Again, having a good rest the night before is a BIG factor keeping you earlier in the office.

Tip 2:  Have a “Time Allowance”

If your time in is at 7:30 AM and your travel time is about an hour, then have a time allowance.  Leave your place for at least an hour and 30 minutes earlier if you were to travel for an hour.  The reason?  There are some uncontrolled events along the way.

Also, if you are to travel along a very busy road, make sure that you came earlier than my earlier recommendation.  It’s up to you what your Time Allowance would be.  Study your way, study the road, study the crowd…then decide your time allowance.

Tip 3:  Set your alarm earlier than your desired wake up time

Most of us have a tendency to take more snoozing.  Sometimes, when we had set our alarm at 5 in the morning, we left our beds after thirty minutes.  I don’t know with you but taking a nap more after the alarm is what most of the people I interviewed do.


No comments:

Post a Comment